Background

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dream Job

This cute story was in my opportunity packet.  I really like it and I wanted to share it with you.  :)

Once Upon a Time, an ambitious woman entered a successful store with a reputation for beautiful, fine quality merchandise.  She walked right up to the owner and said, "Sir, I am very impressed with your establishment.  I'd like to come on board and build a career here.  I can promise you I will work hard and I'll do a great job.  In return all I ask for is the following:"

"First, I'd like 30% profit on everything I sell.  If I meet special goals, I'd like to earn free merchandise.  If I bring in and train three new salespeople, I think I deserve a 10% raise and 10% off everything they sell.  Now, when I do well, I expect praise and recognition; not to mention special awards, gifts, designer suits and dream vacations to exotic locations.  By the way, I'm afraid I'm not into the 9 to 5 scene, so I will want to set my own schedule and work when it best suits me.  Of course, my family always comes first. 

Oh, I think that's about it.  So, when can start?"  After the store owner recovered from shock, he roared with laughter.  "Lady, you can't be serious!  You're living in a dream world.  You'll never find an opportunity like that anywhere!"

He was wrong.  That woman could have been me.  I found that opportunity and more as a Fashion Advisor with lia sophia Jewelry, and you can, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment